Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Whew! It's been a while!!

Well, it's been since February that I last posted. I'm sorry for not doing so sooner, as I have great news!! Brandon and I are awaiting our 2nd child, who is due to arrive right around December 21st of this year. I'm just starting my 2nd trimester, and I'm feeling great. My energy levels are beginning to pick up, I'm feeling tiny flutters in my abdomen, and the nauseated feeling is finally gone!! Woo-hoo!!

For those of you who are finding out about this for the first time, I just wanted to let you know that I had to wait until after the first ultrasound. Some of you I have tried to telephone, but as I never received a call back, I couldn't arrange to meet up with you and tell you in person, nor did I wish to tell you via e-mail. So, blogging was the next option. I hope you all will forgive me.

There has also been a lot of other great things happening in the past few months. My first lingerie/clothing design is almost ready to be posted on my site, tracey.mccorkle.googlepages.com. It's still in the testing stages, but it's almost done. It's a very cute chemise/camisole, which is designed for a custom-fit (the crocheter takes the measurements and makes it accordingly). It can be left unlined for a wonderful chemise (I already have praise from one tester whose hubby just loved it! *grin*), or it can be lined to be worn over a pair of jeans alone, or under a nice, tailored blazer. I'd show y'all a pic, but I don't have my sample done due to the new--ahem--"developments", and it won't fit. *sigh*

Brandon and I attended the CHEO convention this past Friday and Saturday. Jonathan Lindvall was one of the keynote speakers, and he gave us a very interesting challenge. When his children became 12 and 13 (the same age Jewish children are considered to be "of age"), he gave each of them a Bar or Bat Mitzvah. When his oldest daughter was 12, they threw a Christian Bat Mitzvah, and charged her with the responsibility of handwriting the Bible. This was something, he thought, which would be a nice gift for her to give to her future husband on their wedding day. Hmmm...So, I felt compelled to do the same. I would like to have my copy finished by the time Tegwin reaches the age of 12, so that I can set an example for her, and challenge her to do the same. At this point, I have 10.5 years to accomplish this task. I haven't asked Brandon if he plans to write a copy, himself, but I'm borrowing his KJV (my reading bible is an NIV Study) to copy down. I have the 1st chapter of Genesis finished, and when I've completed Genesis, I'll move on to Matthew, then to Exodus, then back to Mark, etc. Is anyone with me? I know it's a huge undertaking, but I'm going to plan things out so I can aim for 1 chapter per night, so many books per year, so that my goal can be accomplished by the time-line I've set. Please let me know if you decide to do this so we can all pray together that we can accomplish our goals. You don't have to begin with Genesis. You can start wherever you're currently reading, or with the next book you begin. This can be used as your Quiet Time/Bible study, because as you are reading and copying things down, the words get stuck in your head, and you'll meditate on them longer. Also, you'll memorize scripture you never knew you could.

Well, I need to go. It's after midnight, and Tegwin will have me up early in the morning. God bless!

No comments: