Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Gaaaa! I Can't Believe It's Been 2 Months!

I am so sorry, folks, for not updating a lot sooner!! My daughter is teething, and a lot has been going on lately!!

Let's see what's been going on in my world...

I finished the dress and took it in to Karen at Rue de Lily...she LOVED it!! Now, I'm working on a white version with long sleeves, and I'm making the skirt longer before taking this one in to her.

I'm also working on items to sell at the Gahanna Flea Market on Sept. 17th. It runs from 9-4:30 in Gahanna, Ohio. I'll be selling a bunch of little cupcake bags, homemade knitting needles (made with bamboo skewers, polymer clay, and Kool-Aid), my Coca-Cola collection, and a bunch of other items I've made. My crochet-along items have been put on hold, just until after the flea market, because I'm going to give them away for Christmas gifts.

A friend of my husband is getting married on New Year's Eve. I'm making her a Star of India doilyghan (pattern can be found under the topic, "Doilies" at Celt's Vintage Crochet), which will be made in a bright red and trimmed in gold metallic thread or yarn--haven't decided which, because it will depend upon what I can find that isn't too expensive.

I'm also making my daughter's dedication dress...I can't remember where I found the pattern, but it uses a double-knot stitch...I don't like that stitch, so I'm using an open-shell, which is a lot easier. It looks really cute, too.

I'm also learning about Irish crochet motifs, and putting them together. I adapted a pattern I found in a Priscilla book that has baby booties (I think they're called "Baby's Ankle Ties") and made them look a little more modern. I think they'll be really cute with the christening dress I designed. I have one finished, and as soon as I finish the other, I'll upload the pics. I might even design a bonnet or a hat to match...hmm...another WIM, just what I need. Lol.

A few weeks ago, I went to a thrift store and lo, and behold, they had a huge bag of wool for less than $4!!!! I couldn't believe it!! Of course, I bought it. :-D There were 4 balls of lavender wool yarn that was made in England, 2 full cones of dark green Peruvian wool yarn (luscious to work with!), and an unlabeled skein of lime green (feels like wool, not acryllic), and one skein of this creamy-greyish-tan, also wool. One of the cones of green I'm making into a pineapple shawl, based on the infamous graduated pineapple table-topper. It's turning out to be quite lovely. The lavender I am making a knitted lace stole or shawl, haven't decided which, yet. Or, I might combine the other green cone, the lime, the tan, and the lavender, and make a Seraphina shawl, or some other butterly-wing shawl--perhaps the Halcyon? I dunno...haven't decided.

I'm still waiting to hear from other yarn addicts...I'd like to make an entry on "You Know You're a Yarn Addict If..." You can either finish the statement, or you can share a story about why you think you are a yarn addict...We already have a couple responses, but I'd like to hear more!!! Keep them coming, folks!

No comments: