Thursday, February 14, 2008

Okay. So I totally suck at updating my blog. I keep telling myself that I need to do so more often, but I just never get around to it. Ugh. Anyways, I'm here now so I'll share what's been going on in my world.

DD2 was born on Dec. 18, 2007 at 3:41 am. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep that night, or that morning. ;-) Since then, I've been kept on my toes between her and DD1, trying to give the both of them the attention they need and deserve.

In the meantime, I haven't had much time for needle work. I made a Halcyon Shawl (found at Crochetme.com) in October to take with me to the hospital, and I love it! I used Bernat Super Value in various colors, as well as their Denim Style. I'll post a pic later.

I also made a bunch of slippers for my mom's side of the family for Christmas; I only got half of them done before the baby was born, and I couldn't finish them before Christmas, so I finished more afterwards when I had time (which means, no, they're still not done! :-P ). MOost were made in Lion Brand's Jiffy, and they were so soft and warm, that I'm going to have to make myself and the girls a couple pairs.

The Anona Christening dress pattern is finished!! My personal prototype isn't, however, one of my testers finished hers last week, and once I talk to her and ask for permission to link to her photos, I might be able to share what it looks like. I'm excited!!

I've taken to knitting more lately. No, I haven't forgotten my first love, Crochet, as I have a few projects going on there, too. My newest WIP is Clapotis, found on Knitty.com. I started one in a light fuzzy variegated mohair on size 2 needles, and it was going well, too. However, things got busy, and now I forget where I was in the pattern. Ugh. Now I have to go through the fuzz and figure it out. I know I was in the 1st repeat of Section 2, but I don't remember where. *scratches head* Anywho, I started another this morning using--gasp!--Coats' Royale Crochet thread in Pumpkin on size 6 needles. It doesn't look bad, either. Orange isn't my first choice, but I was going through what's left of my stash (I'll explain later!) and all I have left suitable for this project is thread. Oy. so what's a girl to do? Use it!! Heehee...Oh!! And I'm so proud of myself!! I finally--after 3 years of trying--figured out how to use dpns! I'm making a hat. It was originally for the baby, but it's now too big for her so it's going to dd1. I'm using an unknown white acryllic worsted (my wool is gone or I'd have used that). I also started a sock for DD1, and hopefully it turns out well.

Crochet-wise, I'm working on a huge afghan for a friend using a boucle yarn from JoAnn's, Etc. Love the colors, hate the yarn. If you mess up, it's very difficult to frog. Yikes! I had to start all over and I have to frog about 8 rows of this stuff--not pretty at all. I'm also working on 2 baby afghans for 2 of dh's co-workers. One is due in March, and we're not sure when the other is due. Each baby is also going to get a pair of booties to match its blanket, and I have one bootie done of one pair, and I'm about halfway done with its mate. These are for the baby of the couple who want to keeps its gender a surprise. The booties are being made in Royale's Ocean with a white trim. Very cute!! The blanket is going to be double-sided, with white on one side and green on the other using a technique my great-grandmother used to make a blanket for my parents' wedding gift. The other blanket will be yellow and white, but I'm waiting to hear from dh to see what that baby's gender is before I decide what booties to make.

Oh! Last week, I had the neatest idea for another lingerie project! This one is going to involve Irish lace. Since I haven't lost baby weight yet, I'm so glad I made my dress form last spring to use as a model for placement. This will be another custom-fit piece, and I'm sure that those who enjoyed my Peek-A-Boo Playtime Chemise will love this one--well, when I have it done. I haven't even started on it yet, not even a drawn-out schematic! I have to do a little "research" (ahem!) on sizes so it's going to take some time. Unfortunately, I can't get started on this until my friend's afghan is finished--well, I could probably keep balls of thread and hooks in my purse for those waiting times at the doc's, lines at the grocery store, post office, etc. Hmmm...I'll see what I can work out! Heeheee... Tell me what you think of the idea of lingerie made in Irish lace! I'd love to hear from you, positive or negative.

Well I must go. It's time to feed the baby! Hopefully I can update again soon!

No comments: